First, to strengthen and encourage members of our assembly by ministering to the sick and elderly especially when homebound. Second, to be an effective arm of evangelism as people open their homes for prayer.
To heal spirits and bodies, introduce lost souls to the gospel, and restore backsliders. This will be accomplished by sending prayer and evangelism teams to residences, nursing homes, and, when necessary, hospitals.
These must be measurable and assessed through annual evaluation and adjustment.
- Structuring the ministry for effective functioning
- Strengthening team members spiritually and otherwise
- Effective planning and mobilizing the staff.
- Effective utilization of the Word in the lives of members.
- To equip the congregation to be strong and vibrant as selected components function in the mission field.
- To see teams multiplying as subgroups emerge and grow.
- To see the lost individuals visited come to Christ.
- Through persistent and effective visits; to see each case come to a successful conclusion.
- Through spiritual growth of team members as team leaders lead effectively.
- Through vigilant and effective evangelism.
The Process of Spiritual Strengthening
I. Why Do We Need Spiritual Strengthening?
A. The root of the problems of this world is spiritual. (Pastor Phillips of Saint Thomas, Restoration Temple A.O.G., June 5, 2014)
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
B. We are strengthened for spiritual warfare.
2 Corinthians 10: 3-4
(3) For thou we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh.
(4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds.)
II. How Are We Strengthened?
By the Word Bringing Faith to Us
“Now the Just shall live by faith . . .”
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him (God) . . .”
“For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword . . .”
“Above all taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.”
“. . . faith that worketh by love.”
Ephesians 3: 14:20
“. . . being rooted and grounded in love . . .”
1 Corinthians 13:8
“Love never fails . . .”
Through Tests and Trials
Jesus said, “Simon, Simon, behold Satan has desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee that thy faith fails not; and when thou are converted (restored), strengthen they brethren.”
Revelations 3:12, 18
By Prayer and Divine Impartation, Through the Gifts of Others.
Revelations 12: 11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony …